Hey Castaways! I just wanted to shoot out a little reminder that the Conched in Key West Charity Bar Crawl is only 6 months away. Before you know, it will be time to head South and bar hop down one of the most famous streets in all the United States…Duval Street.
Date: September 22, 2012
Time: 2pm-? (as long as you can make it!)
Location: Key West, FL – Duval St.
Price: $30 (includes shirt, drink specials & charity donation)
This year’s charity is Reef Relief. Reef Relief is a nonprofit membership organization dedicated to improving and protecting our coral reef ecosystem.
- Increase public awareness of the importance and value of living coral reef ecosystems
- Increase scientific understanding and knowledge of living coral reef ecosystems
- Strengthen grassroots community-based efforts to protect coral reef ecosystems
- Design, develop, and help implement strategies for marine protected areas associated with coral reef ecosystems
- Support eco-tourism as part of sustainable community development that protects and preserves coral reef ecosystems
- Strengthen our organizational capacity to carry out our mission
- Reef Relief’s goal is S.E.A. for C.P.R.
The second annual Conched in Key West Bar Crawl is being hosted by a group of island enthusiasts & rum aficionados including Team Cocktail, RumShopRyan, Shawn Martin, Conch Republic Bikinis, Rum Connection and Hoffman Publications.
We are trying to put together a pre-party at the Southern Most Hotel Sept. 21st, the Friday before the crawl. At this party we are 95% locked in with some great entertainment, Jake and the Half Conched Band. This group of Trop-Rockers have a great collection of original songs, and I’m guessing they have a few Buffett covers as well. Can you imagine sitting on the beach at the Southern Most Hotel, listening to some great music with a Boat Drink in hand? My knees just got wobbly thinking about it.
Come join us in Key West, support a great cause in Reef Relief and let’s have some fun!
Leave me a comment below if you’re coming or thinking about coming. I’ll be happy to answer any questions you have.