What does Arnold like saying…”I’ll be back.”
I’m not sure if it exactly fits, but I like quoting Schwarzenegger movies so we’ll roll with it. The Conched In Key West Pub Crawl is coming back to make its mark on 2012 and the wheels are already in motion to make it bigger and better than last year.
If you happened to of been hit in the head by a falling coconut and don’t remember what the Conched In Key West Pub Crawl is all about, let me help clear the cobwebs and re-enlighten you.
The now famous bar crawl started off as a group of friends getting together for some fun in Key West but it evolved into an exciting annual event to raise money for local charities. This years charity is Reef Relief. Reef Relief is a nonprofit membership organization dedicated to improving and protecting our coral reef ecosystem.
- Increase public awareness of the importance and value of living coral reef ecosystems
- Increase scientific understanding and knowledge of living coral reef ecosystems
- Strengthen grassroots community-based efforts to protect coral reef ecosystems
- Design, develop, and help implement strategies for marine protected areas associated with coral reef ecosystems
- Support eco-tourism as part of sustainable community development that protects and preserves coral reef ecosystems
- Strengthen our organizational capacity to carry out our mission
- Reef Relief’s goal is S.E.A. for C.P.R.
The second annual Conched in Key West Bar Crawl is being hosted by a group of island enthusiasts & rum aficionados including Team Cocktail, RumShopRyan, Shawn Martin, Conch Republic Bikinis, Rum Connection and Hoffman Publications. Offering plenty of fun and games, not to mention a few cocktails. Oh, did I mention it was on Key West!
Participating stops include Cork & Stogie, Rum Bar, Kelly’s, Bottle Cap, Overboard and many more. With a $30 ticket purchase, crawlers receive a Conched In Key West T-Shirt and drink specials at participating bars. There will be giveaways like bottles of rum, shirts, hats, gift cards and more.
If you want to visit a tropical island, have some boat drinks and do it all for charity then this is your chance! Come to Key West, meet interesting people, have a few drinks and help support Reef Relief all at the same time. Hope to see you there!
Date: September 22, 2012
Time: 2pm-? (as long as you can make it!)
Location: Key West, FL – Duval St.
Price: $30 (includes shirt, drink specials & charity donation)