Nassau Graycliff Hotel, Receive A Royal Treat

Pirates, princes, prime ministers and now you, the Graycliff Hotel is offering a special package that will have you feeling like royalty. Wow, I wrote that like an ad agency…have to stop doing that!

Seriously though, the Graycliff isn’t just a hotel, it’s an experience. Nassau is known for its hustle and bustle, shops and nightlife, but the Graycliff is cut from a different mold. After staying there for two nights myself, it’s easy to see why it’s such a special place. The history of the Graycliff by itself puts it on another playing field, then throw in the food, cigars, wine and staff–they take it to a another level. Night and day from the large resorts you find on the shore of Nassau’s Cable Beach.
Graycliff Hotel Nassau

For travel now until 12/15/12, the Graycliff is offering pricing on their Royal Treat Package.

Here’s what the Royal Treat Package will get you:

• Accommodations with welcome card from General Manager
• Bottle of house champagne and Graycliff chocolates upon arrival
• One four-course chef’s “Royal Tasting Dinner” for two at Graycliff Restaurant. Includes a bottle of wine from the wine cellar
• One dinner for two at Humidor Brazilian Steakhouse, including a Caipirinhia per person
• Full breakfast daily for two
• Welcome at airport with round-trip transfers
• Beach day at Blue Lagoon Island (lunch and transfers to ferry at an extra cost)
• Entrance to Graycliff Divan, the airport VIP lounge on departure with complimentary Wi-Fi

Sit in the wine lounge with a glass of vino, puff on a Graycliff cigar and take in the beauty of the historic building. Ask to take a tour of the famous wine cellar, it holds more than 250,000 bottles of wine. I learned that they own the most expensive bottle of wine in the world. The bottle, a 1727 Rudesheimer Apostelwein from in the “Rheinghau” region of Germany is priced at $200,000 and is said to be one of the rarest bottles of wine in the world. Did I hold this bottle? Yes. Was I nervous? Ah yeah.

Graycliff wine room

If you’re looking for a unique and truly Bahamian place to stay while in Nassau, the Graycliff is a must.

Let me know if you’ve ever had the pleasure of eating or staying at the Graycliff. Always love to hear about what others thought.

Please Subscribe If You Love The Caribbean!
Facebook.com/RumShopRyan
Twitter.com/RumShopRyan
RumShopRyan YouTube Channel
Pinterest

By | 2016-12-31T11:58:15+00:00 July 17th, 2012|Nassau & Paradise Island, The Bahamas|8 Comments

1. Big Kahuna July 17, 2012 at 10:23 am

Holy cow! Can we have some wine?

2. Scott H July 17, 2012 at 10:31 am

Great post! – Took me back a few years to a wonderful stay at the Graycliff on the way home from our honeymoon on Cat Island. Although we only stayed one night when passing through Nassau we have great memories. Especially of having cigars hand rolled by a gentleman who claimed to have been Fidel Castro’s personal cigar roller.

RumShopRyan July 17, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Big Kahuna – that photo was just one small room in the cellar. It was huge! Use to be a pirate prison under the Graycliff.

Thanks Scott! I tried to roll one of those cigar, but it didn’t turnout very good. Unsmokeable in fact. Cheers!

4. Dawn July 17, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Wonderful write-up and pics, Ryan! Since I live in the Out Islands, I take Nassau for granted as a place to run errands and visit my beau’s family. We’re usually on the fly when we pass through, either just for a daytrip, or staying overnight with my beau’s family or at his favorite Colonial Hilton. But NOW I may need to consider a more leisurely visitor’s treat! Certainly, Graycliff’s reputation is well-known, but you brought it to me more specifically with this post. Thank you! Dawn, of Choosing the Better Life

RumShopRyan July 17, 2012 at 6:42 pm

My pleasure Dawn! You won’t be disappointed. Cheers and have fun!

6. Steven July 17, 2012 at 8:03 pm

I went to Graycliff last month to visit the cigar shop. Beautiful place and I’m glad I had the chance to visit.

FYI the cigars are awesome.

7. fabian July 20, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Hey rummy, everything you mentioned about graycliff is true to the letter. From impeccable food, 5 star courses at graycliff, to the all you can eat brazilian churascaria next door also owned by graycliff and the 5 star cigars, graycliff offers something for everyone!

My particular favorite are the purple label chateau grand cru cigars and their extensive port selection.

RumShopRyan July 22, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Thanks for the review Fabian! Mean’s a lot when it comes from someone who knows the Graycliff so well. Cheers!