Getting Coco Loco On Coco Cay – Boat Drinks

Coco Loco! Coco Loco! If you’ve ever been on a Royal Caribbean cruise through the Bahamas then you’ve probably heard these words yelled out. You can hear the echo of  “Coco Loco” from just about anywhere on this mysterious little  island that goes by the same name. Once you taste the wonderfully delicious Coco Loco frozen cocktail you will come to love the people obnoxiously yelling out these strange words and even seek them out.

Coco Cay is Royal Caribbean’s private island in the Bahamas. White sand beaches and bright blue waters surround this tropical paradise reserved for Royal Caribbean guests. This deserted island was once known as Little Stirrup Cay. Located within the Berry Island chain of the Bahamas, about 50 miles from Nassau, Coco Cay is the perfect setting for a beach day in the tropics. And when that Caribbean sun starts heating things up what better way to cool off than with a frozen Coco Loco!

Coco Loco Drink Recipe

• 1 oz. Dark Rum
  • 1 oz. Coconut Rum
  • 1/2 oz. Cream of Coconut
  • 1/2 oz Papaya juice
  • 1/2 oz. Orange juice
  • 1/2 oz. Pineapple juice
  • 1/4 oz. Grenadine

Garnish Pineapple and Cherry

Instructions:
Mix all the ingredients and blend with ice. Raise glass and toast!

How many Castaways have been on a Royal Caribbean cruise and stopped at Coco Cay? Did you try a Coco Loco?  I did and loved it! I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to do the Boat Drinks recipe. I might make up a batch of Coco Locos this weekend and hit the beach!  Let me know if you’ve had one.

By | 2018-03-08T07:42:26+00:00 November 3rd, 2010|Boat Drinks, The Bahamas|7 Comments

1. Linda November 4, 2010 at 6:50 am

Hi thanks for yet another nice and interesting post. Where do you receive your inspiration for all this :|?

RumShopRyan November 4, 2010 at 8:23 am

The island lifestyle inspires me my friend. Cheers!

3. Doug May 6, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Thanks! I just picked my wife up from the airport after she got back from her Royal Carribean cruise, and just about the first thing she said was that I had to learn how to make this cocktail for her. She rattled off the ingredients, I googled it…and here I am!

RumShopRyan May 8, 2011 at 10:18 am

Thanks for stopping by Doug! Did you mix up a Coco Loco this weekend? Let us know how it was. I think I just started craving one myself. Cheers!

5. Nanette January 4, 2013 at 11:29 am

YES!!!! I have been to that Island and their other one too and I love this drink that is all I had on our last cruise last Jan. YUMMY

6. misty July 10, 2013 at 12:21 pm

I love this drink. I went on a Royal Carribean cruise to coco cay, st. martin, & st. thomas. When I was there, I asked for the recipe & this is what they told me:
    1 oz. Captain Morgan Rum
    1 oz. cream of coconut
    1 oz. orange juice
    1oz. pineapple juice
    1 oz. papaya juice (which can be difficult to find)
    1 oz. strawberry banana juice (it comes in a can)
    1 oz. grenadine
    ice
    put it all in the blender & u will have the most delicious drink u have ever had

RumShopRyan July 10, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Thanks Misty! I haven’t had a Coco Loco in quite awhile, thinking about tossing all these ingredients into a blender now. Cheers!