Mango Tango Cocktail Recipe – Boat Drinks

I have little black book with the recipes to some amazing cocktails, but I know there is a bar full of other drinks that I know nothing about.  A great source of original island cocktails is on the island themselves, via the crazy creative island resort bartenders.

I asked Secrets Resorts to share the recipe for their famous Mango Tango blended cocktail so that you beach bums can try it at home.  Always a crowd pleaser, the Mango Tango is a combination of Strawberry Daiquiri and Mango Daiquiri. Secrets Resorts have world class accommodations in the Riveria Maya, Dominican Republic and Jamaica, so they know a thing or two about kicking back with a refreshing drink.

Mango Tango Cocktail Recipe

Mango Daiquiri (makes 2)

• 3 ounces dark rum
  • 1 1/2 cups mangoes, cubed
  • 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 1 ounce triple sec
  • 4 teaspoons sugar
  • 2 cups ice cubes

– Blend in a blender until smooth. Pour 1/4 of drink mixture into a glass.

Strawberry Daiquiri (makes 2)

• 1 ounce light rum
  • 1 ounce strawberry schnapps
  • 1 ounce fresh lime juice
  • dash grenadine
  • dash orange juice
  • 2 cups ice cubes

– Blend in a blender until smooth. Pour 1/4 of drink mixture on top of Mango Daquiri mixture.

How good does this bad boy sound? Let me know if you’ve had the pleasure of this mood enhancer.

Please Subscribe If You Love The Caribbean!

By | 2017-02-25T09:29:52+00:00 June 16th, 2010|Boat Drinks|13 Comments

1. Fabian June 17, 2010 at 9:18 am

That drink looks like a work of art, and as any foodie and drink lover knows,
    the appetite begins with the eyes!

2. Caron White August 19, 2010 at 11:32 am

Am featuring your mango recipe on my blog today – and giving your kudos!

RumShopRyan August 19, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Thanks Caron! Cheers!

4. Sara van der Hoeven July 14, 2011 at 2:30 pm

This drink looks awesome I’ll give it a whirl on Party Island this year!!Thanks

5. Cocktail Girl May 12, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Tried this cocktail at the Valentin Imperial Maya, Mexico while at a family wedding and loved it! My mom (who doesn’t typically drink alcohol) actually liked it and I’m thrilled you have the recipe, so I can bring back the Mexican memory on Mother’s day tomorrow. Thanks for bringing this one home “Rum Shop Ryan” – keep ’em coming and enjoy your future cocktail adventures (I know I will) 🙂

RumShopRyan May 13, 2012 at 6:29 pm

My pleasure Cocktail Girl! Cheers!

7. Hari July 2, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Do I need to use Cruzan mango rum for this or the dark rum? The picture shows mango rum but the recipe shows a regular rum. Wasn’t sure what to use? I have been looking for a recipe for this for a while ever since i returned from cancun. Thanks for sharing

RumShopRyan July 2, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Thanks for the comment Hari. It should be a dark rum. You don’t have to use Cruzan, it’s one of my main go to rum for mixing though. Some recipes I’ve seen add a little Mango Rum to it and some use the mango fruit chunks. That’s what I prefer. The drink already has 4oz. of rum so the Mango Rum is a bit over kill. Looks good in the photo though! Hope this helps. Cheers!

9. Caro February 25, 2014 at 7:52 pm

I drank a LOT of these while at Secrets Marquis Cabo san Lucas. It tasted like I had died and gone to heaven!

10. dragos October 8, 2015 at 8:33 am

The Mango Tango sounds really good, would love to serve it to my friends in my cocktail dispenser made by these guys here :

11. dragos October 8, 2015 at 8:40 am

The Mango Tango sounds really good, Would love to rey it out in my cocktail dispenser made by these guys here :

12. nudist May 21, 2017 at 11:40 pm

It’s remarkable to go to see this web page and reading the views of all mates about this paragraph, while I am also eager
    of getting experience.

13. Richard Wilson August 5, 2017 at 7:39 am

We drank this every day on our honeymoon. It goes down very easily and is perfect whilst lounging by the pool in the sun. Our Secrets resort, Maroma Beach, had the 2 daiquiris in slushy machines ready to pour. 😀 Happy memories!